Wow, we are into March already! That sounds like a good time to revisit my goals from February and check in on how I did:
- Trust my coach and do what she tells me to do. Check!
- I did a pretty good job of following my program this month. We had to make some adjustments when I slipped and my left knee and ankle started to give me some grief. Coach had hoped I'd make it to the pool for some water running and I failed on that. Overall I kept my activity level high and made adjustments when needed.
- Core work, at least three times per week. Partial check.
- I did two to three 10 - 15 minutes of core each week, hence the partial check. This was a huge improvement from before though! I also started doing a plank a day. In February I went from struggling to hold a plank for 1:00 to being able to hold it for more than 2:00. That is a nice improvement!
- Minimize eating out in February. Check!
- We did great at this! I made a huge effort to plan our meals and that meant we didn't have an excuse to be lazy and go out to eat. We also discovered some really great meals in the process. While I didn't set a goal to minimize the amount of lunches I bought during the work week this just happened naturally as we had enough leftovers to stretch in to lunch.
- Try something new. Check!
- I met my friend Karen for a winter trail run. It was such a great experience! I had hoped that I'd be able to run one of the Calgary Road Runner's winter cross country races after this but unfortunately my bum ankle threw a wrench in that plan. My husband and I had planned to go snowshoeing in February, but between him being sick the first part of the month and then him being on call on one of the remaining weekends we just didn't have time.
So what about my goals for March?
- Work on my ankle and all of the other issues surrounding it. That means being diligent with the exercises my chiro has given me and going for ART as needed.
- Go to hot yoga at least once per week.
- Most importantly I want to build on my goals from last month - meal plan, keep up the core work, and follow my training plan!
Not a lot of additions to my goals, but I really want to keep up some of the good habits I've created in February! What are your goals for March?